Frequently Asked Questions
- Where Is Golden Portrait Located?
Golden Portrait is a trade mark name owned & operated by the Company Royal Golden Enterprise GmbH, a Swiss Company founded in 2008 by Golden Portrait Co-Founder Bill Rowell.
The American based office is located in Union City, California. Lavern Armstrong is the U.S. National Director.
- Where Does The Gold Come From Used In Golden Portraits
Royal Golden Enterprise GmbH has been providing Swiss certified gold and silver to the market place since 2008. The precious metal is purchased from Switzerland’s largest London Bullion Market accredited refiner Argor-Heraeus Ag and shipped to a second generation gold setting specialist where it is handcrafted.
- What Is The Purity Of The Gold?
The purity is of 999.9 fineness, 24Kt and comes with a guarantee card.
- What specifications are required for an image to be produced into a Golden Portrait?
A jpeg, png file with a minimum of 350dpi.
- Can you take an old photograph including black & white and have it reproduced on Golden Portrait 24K gold?
Yes, Golden Portrait was specifically developed to take treasured past memories and reproduce them in high quality 24K Gold. In order to achieve a high quality reproduction we suggest the following:
a. If you do not have a negative or high quality digital image you will first need to have the image photographed and it may require some photoshop editing to correct any aging or damage to the photo. Once this is done forward to us the high resolution image with a minimum of 350 dpi and your image will be transformed in 24K Gold.
b. Depending upon the occasion where the image was taken, if your focus is on the people and not the back ground we suggest that you have the back ground of the image removed by photo shop as the gold will truly emphasize the people in the portrait.
- How long does it take for my special Golden Portrait to be produced?
As all Golden Portrait orders are handcrafted and depending upon the specific image the time can vary and may take up to six weeks. However we aim and achieve most shipments to our clients within 4 weeks.
- How do I know when my Golden Portrait is completed?
You will be notified by email with an tracking number.
- Can I ship to a Post Office Box?
No, unfortunately most Couriers such as Federal Express, TNT do not ship to a Post Office Box. Your physical address is required and phone number.
- Can I change my order or image after I have confirmed the uploaded image?
If we are notified within 8 hours of the order confirmation we can change the image upon your request.
- Can I see how completed portrait images appear in a Golden Portrait?
Yes, please refer to our Client Portfolio Page for an array of Golden Portrait requests.
- Does my Golden Portrait have monetary value?
Yes Golden Portrait has value however it is a design concept using the ancient yet rare handcrafted skills of gold leaf and foil experts. The image is made of 24Kt gold however we liken the value to Golden Portrait as sentimental, similar to that of a wedding ring and not of the gold content itself.
- If I share my Golden Portrait with a friend and they wish to order one do I receive a referral fee?
Yes, simply provide your friend with your order number and enter it in the coupon code and we will be pleased to send you a gift certificate reward with a 25% discount.
- Can I send my Golden Portrait item back?
Yes, if workmanship and quality is damaged we will replace your order.
- Who produces the Golden Portrait?
Golden Portrait is produced under the control and certification of a second generation gold setting artists. This is a company that Co-Founder Bill Rowell has personally visited and testifies to the integrity of the operation and owner.
- Why must I complete the Golden Portrait credit card authority form?
As Golden Portrait is a Swiss company and dealing with International orders we are required to have a completed order confirmation.
- What do I do if the packing and product is damaged?
Upon delivery from your courier if you notice damage to the packaging or if it has been opened please inspect your Golden Portrait art piece before confirming your delivery with your signature. If the item is damaged do not accept delivery and advise the courier to return the package to the sender and say the item is damaged. You may use your cell phone to take images of the damaged shipment. It is important if you notice that the item is damage upon delivery it is best to refuse delivery and have the courier take the damage and have it returned.
- How do I contact Customer Support?
You may contact Customer Support using the “Contact Us” page